Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Nick Meets Nik - A Divine Appointment

These pics of Evangelist and motivational speaker Nick Vujicic meeting a Malaysian girl without limbs have gone viral and garnered over 159,000 likes  on Vujicic's official Facebook page from netizens around the world.

Born without arms and legs, the disabled Australian motivational speaker left a speaking engagement in Kuala Lumpur and was traveling to his next destination, when the van he was driven in stopped at a gas station to refuel. A Malaysian Muslim couple came running out of their car, carrying their daughter who also has no hands and legs to meet him.
Dr. Daeng Malis, his wife and two children, one of whom is disabled, had travelled seven hours to see Vujicic.

"When they heard I would be speaking in Kuala Lumpur, they drove seven hours to come try and meet me, only to arrive and find the speaking event was already filled," Vujicic writes. "After patiently waiting more than 4 hours for us to leave the venue, they managed to track down which van I was in. That in itself was no easy task, as there was quite a bit of commotion exiting the event, and our convoy was made up of three different vans which carry the team and our gear."

He continued, "They followed behind us, planning on saying hello whenever we reached our destination. When we stopped for fuel, they came running out of their car. Our host, Joshua, saw them coming up to the van and said to me, 'Wow, you'll never believe what I'm seeing. There's a family with a girl who has no arms and no legs, and they're coming to see you.'

"We all immediately recognized that moment as a divine appointment," states Vujicic.

He writes that the girl's mother was crying, and her father's face was shining with joy.

"My heart was so drawn to them, even after chatting for just a short while," Vujicic explained. "After a few hugs and kisses, and praying together, I invited them back to our hotel for a meal and some fellowship. There I learned that her nickname is actually Nik, her father is a doctor, and her mother is nurse. Like my own family, they had no idea Nik would be without limbs until she was born. We had a great discussion over dinner, and I look forward to keeping in touch and encouraging them as much as possible in the future."

He added, "It's meetings like these that remind me how love can bring together some of the most diverse people. I love that love knows no bounds."

In the Facebook post, Vujicic included the scripture verse 1 Corinthians 13:13, "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love"

Nick Vujicic

8 comments:

  1. What a blessing Nick Vujicic is to so many families looking for support, love and answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see one of Nick's videos before - to say he is an inspiration is an understatement. This guy is amazing - what a spirit. Have a great week. Thanks as always for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful post and indeed the greatest is 'love'.
    carol, xo

    Nice to have you visit as always ~ enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That man is a huge blessing to so many people and every time I read about him I get filled with happy.

    I think it must be wonderful to be such a light in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nick is a great speaker. It would be hard not having limbs. He makes it seem like it's a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool! His story is so amazing! God does amazing things with the people he creates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, i am so glad that they were able to meet him

    ReplyDelete
  8. Veronica, I have been following Nick's FB and DVD's for over a year. I can't get enough of his upbeat, fresh, wholesome happiness, based in Jesus! I share his DVD's with my disabled friends and even with my family members who don't know how good they've got it. When a man with no limbs can live a full, happy life with purpose, the rest of us can take heart and do the same. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete