Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mirrored Memories

This series of poignant images by Texas photographer Tom Hussey captures the confusion an Alzheimer sufferer might endure on a daily basis. The award winning pictures ran as an ad for the pharmaceutical company, Novartis for their ”Reflections” campaign. An Alzheimer’s drug called the Exelon Patch made by Novartis helps patients maintain long-term memories during the early stages of Alzheimer, a horrific disease that gradually strips victims off their more recent memories.

Compelling photographs of Alzheimer’s patients who see only their younger selves in the mirror
Sets of real people aged 40 to 50 years apart were used

A long-retired nurse catches sight of her self in a bathroom mirror but instead of seeing grey hair and wrinkled skin, the reflection of an attractive young lady stares back.

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorta like that now...I think I see a much younger me...but it is not so. If I look too long, I start to see the age in me. I try to keep the mirror time to a minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very poignant. I'm not sure why it makes me teary-eyed, I am fortunate in that I do not know anyone afflicted with this, but it does just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like the only perk to Alzheimer's disease . . . and not a great one at that, but younger me was prettier.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misty Water color memories, of the way we were.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful and touching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard that A patients often do not recognize themselves in a mirror. When I see myself reflected, I TRY to see myself as younger. The reality of grey hair and wrinkles is enough to drive me crazy! hahaha
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are so sweet... yet so heartbreaking at the same time..
    my grandaddy suffers from dementia... (not sure of the spelling, but you know what I mean)

    ReplyDelete