Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I Made this!

STORE-BOUGHT SHORTCRUST PASTRY + COOKIE CUTTER =
THIS!
I saw some jaws drop and heard gasps when I brought this crostata to a potluck tea party! Not bad, eh? - for someone who has baked pies a grand total of thrice in her entire life.

Okay, the credit isn't mine - the pastry was store-bought and that was just a very lame copy of the original (below).
Seriously, it isn't as intimidating as it looks and you don't need to be a pastry chef to attempt this - thanks to the step-by-step photo tutorial by kathrynl @ http://www.instructables.com/id/Triple-Berry-Pie-Its-diVine/

The first time I saw it on Pinterest, I merely gawked at it - pretty sure something this intricate was so out of my league. I didn't even bother to click on the link to the website! But the image kept popping up on Pinterest like a song you can't get out of your head and when I finally did visit the site, I just knew I had to make it.
Don't you just love Pinterest? It gives you a chance to create stuff that you've always dreamed about -  fabulous things that you thought  were beyond your ability.

Hearth & Soul Hop

Shared with
April of The 21st Century Housewife
Swathi of Zesty South Indian Kitchen
Alea of Premeditated Leftovers
Elsa of Elsa Cooks
Judy of Savoring Today
and  Penny of Penniless Parenting.

21 comments:

  1. Wow Veronica! That looks like a professional baker created that. It not only looks pretty but delicious too. Pinterest is great for spurring ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks SO delicious (and I don't eat cooked fruit!)

    WOW!!!! Thats so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, Veronica!
    Sorry to not have visited you in so long! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that looks brilliant - wish I had the patience when it comes to creating cooking masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I wish I could do that. Great lookin pie

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....are you kiddin' me? You call this a lame production? I don't think so...it turned out marvelous. And it looks so very delicious to boot. Got milk?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job! I am sure it was delicious! Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a pretty pie!!! I couldn't put a fork to it, it's too prettY! Oh wait, maybe I could.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and looks delicious! You did great! I am not sure I'd attempt it.
    Hugs, GraceinAZ (Pat)

    ReplyDelete
  10. No way! Looks like you've been baking them your whole life. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks too good to eat! Great job. I'm sure it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a hard time getting the crust in the pan to begin with, without breaking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so pretty! I'm jealous, I could never make a pie look that good even if I tried really, really hard. Also, that social media post is hilarious! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous pie crust! Your pie looks absolutely delicious. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pinterest is my new best friend... since you live too far! ;)
    You did an amazing job on that pie crust. It looks too beautiful to eat... did people just stand and stare at it for awhile? And who was brave enough to cut into it first?!
    Isn't it amazing how Pinterest "helps" us to do what we think we cannot?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that's impressive! I too love Pinterest, but have never attempted (nor seen) anything like this!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm now following you - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a total Pinterest junkie!

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/12/molting-what-is-it-and-how-to-manage-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is SO pretty! Not sure I'd have to patience to pull it off, but it does look fancy :)
    Janie x

    ReplyDelete