Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, April 9, 2010

Plastic triangles for "No Plastic Bag Day"

I'm republishing this old post for the benefit of fellow Malaysians who still haven't gotten used to the idea of the "No Plastic Bag Day" campaign. Keep a couple of these neat triangles in your wallet/handbag and save yourself 20 sen per bag if you decide to shop on impulse and have forgotten to BYOB (bring your own bag).
For the uninitiated, the Selangor government had on Dec 20 declared its plans to make every Saturday a plastic bag-free day effective Jan 1.

Hehe, I love the frustrated look on Hubby's and the other shoppers' faces each time they're caught off guard at the check-out counter while I smugly fish out these little thingies from my handbag - one of the few proud moments in my life!

Here's a neat trick for storing them.

Watch this short video my sons made if you have no idea what I'm rambling about.




You'll be amazed how little space these triangles take up.

9 comments:

  1. HA!!!!! I am so having my kids do this!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think of everything! I am going to do this now too. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a lifesaver! I have a cabinet exploding with these darn plastic bags. Looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! Oddly enough, I don't have a single plastic bag...I use reusable grocery and errand bags and now I don't have a single plastic bag (which is good for the environment but occasionally I need one of those darn bags!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a store that recycles those darned things. I LOVE what you've done with them though, very creative. As always, you find great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha how cute! I wish our grocery bags were like yours. Ours don't seem that neat?! Either way, I'm off to recycling them tomorrow. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He does it so neatly!!!

    I'll have to try that with our bags!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! and a great way to teach the kids about recycling.

    ReplyDelete